Saturday, April 7, 2012

Goodness, I'm Horrible..

     Wow, guys.  I am such a lazy person.  I apologize for not posting anything for forever.  I blame being a senior.  I had no idea how incredibly busy I would be.  So, I guess it's time to play catch-up, huh?

     Well, first off, I can't remember if I mentioned or not, but I got a full tuition scholarship to the college I was hoping to get into.  Now, I'm just working on getting smaller scholarships to help pay for room, food, etc.
     I have about 19 school days left before I graduate on May 6.  Then I'm going to spend the summer working and chilling, enjoying my last summer before I go off to college.  It's crazy; I feel like I should still be going back for high school instead of college.  But I plan on becoming an art teacher, so that should be interesting.  However, I don't agree with having to take generals; I think that you go to college to be educated in the career you want to pursue, not waste almost a whole year learning stuff that you learned in high school.  It's slightly dumb, but I guess that's how colleges rake in a lot of their income.  However, they wouldn't be losing any money if I didn't take generals, 'cause I have full tuition.  But, I doubt very much that I could get out of doing generals.  Boo.
     I'm still doing nail art.  It's quite fun.  Just the other day, I did The Heroes of Olympus symbol (sister-series to Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.  Fantastic writer, btw.)  Before that, I did the Hunger Games.  (If you're viewing this post via Facebook, check out my album Nail Art to see all the stuff I've done.)
     So, I know this is horrible, but some of my friends have senioritis, and they are driving me nuts.  It's gotten so bad that I'm half looking forward to graduating.  I know, I'm a horrible person, but I can't help it--it's driving me crazy.  I, personally, don't have senioritis; I have summeritis.  I am so stoked for summer, it's insane.  I'm even looking forward to mowing the lawn just 'cause it'll be nice out.  Granted, I say that at the end of every school year, and about halfway through the summer, I'll be sick of it, but whatever.
     Tanner and I are coming up on a year and 10 months.  How wild is that?  It'll be two years in June, and I'm still as head-over-Converse in-love as I was in the beginning.
     My friend (if you could call him that), Zach, still hasn't spoken to me.  As depressing as it is, I'm hoping he'll come to my graduation and actually acknowledge my existence, unlike last year, when he acted like I was part of the wallpaper.  I'm probably wishing for way too much, but I don't want to leave with this wall still between us.  We were best friends, or so I thought, and I dunno, I just don't want it to end on a bad, silent note.  Like I said, I won't get my hopes up, but I'm inviting him to my reception.  I doubt he'll show up, but then at least I can say I tried.
     I'm so tired of filling out scholarships.  And when it comes to getting letters of recommendation, I feel like the most annoying person in the world:  "Hey, will you write me a letter of rec?  I need by this date, and it has to be in a sealed envelope, and you should probably sign it, and I need about five of them, blah, blah, blah . . ."  I feel like the person I'm asking wants to strangle me at about that time.  It's horrible.
     Prom is coming up.  I went against the flow, again.  Almost everyone is getting puffy dresses, and this year, mine is slim.  It's sapphire blue, and very simple, but very pretty (although it will never top last year's dress...Mm, still in love with that dress).  I know I said prom is totally overrated, and it's probably gonna sound vain of me to say this, but I really wanna at least get on prom royalty.  I very much doubt I'll get queen, but that would be awesome, just to prove that it isn't only the last name people who get it.  But if I could get on royalty, that'd be great, too.
   
     Well, I think that about covers it.  I'm getting tired, and I'm starting to get a headache, so I will talk at you peeps later.   I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!  God bless!

This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.  Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.

No comments:

Post a Comment