Today, I was out of town for a luncheon for a scholarship I had received to my soon-to-be college. Other students, who had received the same scholarship I had, or a scholarship from one of the two sister colleges to mine, were also there. At my table, I met a girl going to the same college as me, and also majoring in the same thing: art education (personally, I think we were seated together on purpose, but it was cool). She and her family were very friendly, and both her mom and my parents were practically pushing us to be roommates. It was very amusing. Unfortunately, in order for her to have been my roommate, we would have both had to send in our application thingies at the same time, and requested each other. Since we had problems getting mine in, I don't think becoming roommates is a happening that is in our favor. However, it's still a possibility, since we're both requesting the "random roommate" option. But anyway. . .
I'm pretty sure I made my sister's weekend by inviting her, because one of the speakers was Danny Woodhead of the New England Patriots, and my sister loves him. So does her husband, but he swears he would have come to support me whether or not Mr. Woodhead was speaking.
On the way home, we stopped to do a little shopping and I picked up my dress for graduation! It was around 12 dollars at Wal Mart! But hey, it's cute and it's comfy, so I don't really care how cheap it was. Now, the only thing I have left to buy is my orange Converse. . .
Now, you're probably thinking "Orange Converse? For graduation? Seriously? Why?!" Well, you see my class wanted our colors to be aqua blue and orange. Pretty colors. But one of our sponsors said no, so we got stuck with aqua and silver instead. Bor-ing! Not to mention, two years ago, it was that senior class's colors. Ugh. Nothing like no originality to put a damper on the excitement. So, as a class (it's rare that our class ever agrees on anything) we decided to incorporate orange in the ceremony as much as possible. For flowers, we have orange lilies, and a bunch of us are going to wear orange shoes. Not everyone has to, but majority are. And I don't want to wear heels for two hours, so I'm getting orange Converse low-tops.
So, skipping to a completely different subject, I have a pet turtle. He's a paint turtle and about the size of a quarter. No joke. Well, I'm kinda worried about him. See, Tanner's brother found him in their driveway a few evenings ago and picked him up so he wouldn't freeze to death. Well, he hasn't eaten since. We've tried everything: lettuce, raw hamburger, worms, turtle food, teeny-tiny dried shrimp for turtles, tiny crickets for turtles, and even this weird plant that I cannot, for the life of me, remember the name of. When we came home this evening, my poor Tyson (the turtle) was sitting in a corner, nearly dehydrated because I think he forgot where his pool was. So, I stuck the plant in there, and then stuck Tyson in, and thank goodness, he perked up right away. He was very curious about the plant (it is edible) but he wouldn't eat it. And he still hasn't touched the shrimp, or the cricket. My dad said he's probably stressed because he has nowhere to hide, so I stuck a hollow shell over one side of his pool and put the plant in there so he could snuggle up with it and hide (yeah, he likes snuggling with the weed. It's weird). So, anyway, Tyson needs your prayers. Pray that he'll start eating, because I don't want my little buddy to die. -sad face-
Well, I am exhausted. Goodnight, everyone. Send up as many turtle prayers as you can; Tyson needs all the incentive he can get!
This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off. Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.
No comments:
Post a Comment