So, I have exciting news: I made prom royalty! I didn't make queen, but I don't really care. I was just happy to be on royalty. Tanner made it, too, plus a few of our other friends who aren't super popular, so it was a pretty good mix-up.
Post prom this year was pretty awesome. All the prizes had to be won by silent auction. See, they gave you a certain amount of fake money when you came in, plus a number. This was your bidding number. Then, you could run around to all of the games and earn more money. Then, you would go over to the shelves where all the prizes were and bid on the ones you wanted. You put down your bidding number (mine was 209) and the amount you wanted to bid on the item. If you had the highest bid when the item was taken off of the shelf, then you it was yours. They would call out your bidding number and your name, then you would come get your item, go over to the "bank" table, pay with your fake monies, and then give the item back so they could put it with your post prom bag. Also, they had some prizes for the juniors and seniors. On the senior table, there was a 20 in flat-screen TV, a DVD player, a GPS, a mini-fridge, a microwave, a vacuum cleaner, and a mini-suitcase (I was going for the mini-fridge, but someone took it right before me, so I got the microwave). They had all the names in the bucket, and if yours was drawn, you went and picked your prize. Since there was a limited number of prizes, not everyone got one, so I was happy with my microwave. At the auction, I got an awesome lamp (that I literally hovered around like a vulture to make sure no one out-bid me) and some amazingly soft sweatpants. Tanner also got me a really soft and fuzzy blanket that I LOVE. And post prom only lasted until 3 in the morning, this time, instead of 6, like last year. That was horrible last year, and I was so grumpy, it wasn't even funny. But this year, it was all good. I slept until around 2 this afternoon, and then went and painted a friend's nails around 5. She wanted Hello Kitty, and it came out looking sorta like some of Hello Kitty's mentally unstable cousins. But she liked them and that's what matters. But I forgot to get a picture. Sorry. Well, I'm gonna finish eating my steak, and then I gotta go do my chores. After that, I'm crashin'. So, goodnight, everyone!
This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off. Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.
No comments:
Post a Comment