Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Treating Myself...

     My mom and I went to town yesterday, and I got some things for me:

Not Pictured:  Mascara, and Nutrogena Acne Face Wash, because I don't think you'd really care about those, ha.

     Okay, the candy is self-explanatory.  The binoculars were a gift from the bank for opening an account there.  The nail polish is amazing, because it is yellow, and I love yellow.  That lotion, is the most amazing lotion on this planet.  See, I don't like lotion that makes your skin feel oily and stuff, and this kind just leaves it feeling soft.  It's also unscented, which I rather like.  Thank you to my Spanish teacher for always having this lotion in her classroom.  It was a life-saver during the winter.
     Now, the book is one that I have been wanting for a very long time, ever since I found it in my school's library.  But see, I accidentally spilled coffee on the library's copy, so I was going to get another one off of Amazon, a hardcover, to replace the one I had sort of mutilated. (Also, I want the one in the library, because it is older, and has the most peculiar, but fantastic smell to it, and I absolutely love it.  So, I was planning on offering a trade:  The nice hardcover, for the coffee-stained paperback.)  Unfortunately, as you can see, the book that was sent to me is not a hardcover.  It is also not the right copy.  The copy you see is actually the Advance Reading Copy:  Uncorrected Proofs For Limited Distribution.  Meaning, there's mistakes in it, and things added, that aren't in the final copy.  I know this because I have read the one in the library so many times, that I can remember what sentences are originally in it, and which ones aren't.  Yes, I know, pathetic.  But, anyway, my mom ordered another one, and hopefully, it's up to par.  It said it's coming with it's original dust jacket, so I'm thinking that means it's actually a hardcover. (In the defense of the people that sent us the first one, it does say "Berkley Hardcover" on it.)
     The headphones were just amazing, and they sound amazing, too.  And the bag, now all pimped out in pins, including a Gryffindor one, is purely my new backpack for school.  So there you have it, my new stuff.

-10 or so hours later-

     Just got back from Grand Island.  Got some more new stuffs, including that Crackle nail polish stuff (gotta love Hot Topic), and a new sketchbook (thanks, Mom!)

     Tanner's mom got me some shoes the other day, which I promptly went home and doodled all over:


     Ah, the wonder of Sharpies (just got some new, colored ones, today.)  The piano keys on the front are new.  I thought they added a nice touch.

     Well, I'm going to go do my chores, and probably crash.  School shopping (and going to see Harry Potter:  The Deathly Hallows, Part 2, for the second time) takes a lot out of you.

This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.  Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.

No comments:

Post a Comment