A few of you that I go to school with may have heard me say this more than once today. To those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, let me explain.
You see, this morning, I got up and felt great. The sunrise was beautiful, and it was going to be a good day. . .up until around 7:25 or so, in the morning. It was then, I overheard a conversation, in which, its contents, I wished I had known earlier: My friend Logan is moving away. Tomorrow. Back to where he had come from in the first place. And the school year just started, so I've gotten to talk to him, maybe once or twice since school began.
This is where the Swiss cheese comes in. You see, I'm starting to feel like I'm the Swiss cheese; I'm becoming riddled with holes. Why? Because. . . I keep losing people. . . First, Grace and Rose. Next, Zach (twice, might I add). Then, my brother. And now, Logan? I mean, come on, gimme a break! By the end of the year, there won't be any of me left to leave holes in!
Somehow, I should've seen this coming; I can never start off a day thinking it'll be great, and have nothing ruin it for me. I sort of thought of that this morning, listening to the radio. We were set to the Christian station, and it was saying about how hardships aren't cruelty or punishment from God; they're ways to make us trust more in Him. But, I gotta say, this sure feels like cruelty, God. But, I guess I just gotta trust You. Seriously, though, this really sucks. Just saying.
Still want to cry. Told the boy he better text me when he leaves, and I want letters from him eventually (I like letters.) -Sigh- My heart hurts. This sucks.
This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off. Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.
Dear Max,
ReplyDeleteMy heart hurts too. I hate how someone can walk into our lives and unexpectedly into our hearts and then leave and how it hurts. I am sorry about your friend. But when one door closes.....
p.s. if you figure out how to make the hurt stop please let me know :)