My house has always been virtually food-less. It's always missing some important ingredient for a normal food item. You know, like maybe for once, there's actually ham slices in the fridge, but there's no bread. Or, there's salsa, but no chips. Cereal, but no milk. Creamer, but no coffee. You feel me?
Being in college, I've gotten used to big meals twice a day (I don't eat breakfast, and yes I know it's the most important meal of the day, but it makes me feel sick if I eat too early, so get off my back). Well, I should know that just because I'm away at college doesn't mean that more food will suddenly appear back at home. You'd think I'd know that, especially since I'd been home a few times during the semester, and food has never been magically stocked in the cupboards. But, I'm dumb, and I came home for Christmas break thinking my house was going to be stocked full of yummy items to nom.
Instead, since we have no bread, I find myself making a sandwich out of the last, uber, uber-thin slice of turkey left in the fridge, a slice of cheese (no shortage of that, but I can't even make a grilled cheese 'cause there's no bread!), and a mayo and mustard sauce in between, rolled up like a pinwheel. And I can't even have another one, because that was the last slice of turkey. There's tuna, and mayo, but no bread. There's eggs for an egg sandwich, but no bread. There's cheese, but no stinking bread! If you couldn't tell, bread is very important in this house, and my dad always eats it, so we never have any. Can you see my dilemma?
Alright, I just had to go on that little rant super fast. Plus, I'm still trying to catch up to my quota (which doesn't exist) of posts that I've been lacking in. Now, I will continue to scavenge my kitchen for food. I will keep opening the refrigerator every ten minutes to see if more food has suddenly appeared inside, or as if I'll find some delicacy in there that I missed the first eight times I opened the door. Everyone, have a fantastic evening. . . morning. . . whatever. Toodles.
This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off. Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.
P.S. My mother is taking me to see The Hobbit tomorrow. Also, we are going to yell at tech-y people and demand they fix my laptop (because they obviously did not fix it right the first time), as well as ask a musical instrument expert if my mom's violin is fixable, because I want to learn to play it. (Yeah, we'll see how dedicated I am to that one. I'll probably just insist on teaching myself, because I have no clue how to read sheet music, nor do I care to learn. I also have a problem taking "directions" unless the person giving them doesn't try to act like a pompous know-it-all. Yes, yes, I can see this going very well.) Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment