Saturday, January 11, 2014

I Fail As A Blogger (And A Writer) But That Is Okay

     My last post was in November; it is now January 11th, and I have failed at writing so hardcore.  Not only have I had a month of free time to write for my blog, I have had a month of free time to work on my book.  Ladies and gentlemen, I haven't touched either.  What have I done instead with my free time?  I played Skyrim for about a week straight.  Now, my vacation is dwindling.  I'm back in class on Monday.  Guys, what have I done with my vacation?!
     Actually, I do have an answer for that:  I enjoyed it.  Yes, I could (and should) have made myself write, even for just a little bit (technically, I am doing that, right now).  But I decided that instead of locking myself away in my room, I would enjoy spending time with my family.  My mom watched me play Skyrim for awhile, as did my brother.  My dad and I had a Heartland marathon (for those of you that don't understand, Heartland is a Canadian TV show).  I spent time outside with my horses and other pets.  I had a nice date with Tanner for his birthday, and we ate chili and grilled peanut butter and cheese sandwiches and watched NCIS and movies until 3 in the morning.  I had a lunch date that turned into a 7-hour conversation with my best friend Michela.  I visited an old friend, Cassie, whom I haven't seen in ages when we went to school together.  I took a trip to Columbus and spent time with my friend Grant while he was on leave.  I even went on a few cleaning sprees, which used to be very unlike me, but has gotten more and more common lately when I come home.  I saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug with my mom.  I enjoyed being lazy, and sleeping in until noon or 1 o'clock in the afternoon, and eating at all hours of the day.
     So, while, yes, I skipped out on writing, I decided to enjoy all the other things, like my family and friends, while I could.  Because sometimes, you don't really appreciate the things you have until they are gone.  And I don't want to wait for that to happen before I realize their importance.

This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.  Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.

No comments:

Post a Comment