#1. My family: Although they are slightly crazy, they are my kind of crazy. I mean, we're related, so of course their my kind of crazy. Maybe it's the other way around, since I was born last, so I'd be their kind of crazy. . . You get the picture.
#2. My cats: I miss their crazy antics while I'm trying to sleep; the awkward positions they sleep in that should be physically impossible for cats, but they somehow manage; when Chloe sticks her paws under the door after I lock her out of the bathroom, and drags my undergarments out into the hallway as a means of revenge; when Spock runs through the house with his tail puffed up like a giant, black pipe cleaner and glares at us from under the table after he does something embarrassing, like jump for the couch and completely miss it because he is uncoordinated. Good times.
#3. Bear: I miss his facial expressions (because yes, it's true, some dogs do have facial expressions). You can totally tell when he has done something bad, is really tired, or whether he is about to grace you with a deafening bark for blowing in his face (he hates it). And when I say deafening, I mean you lose your hearing for a few seconds after he lets loose that thundering bark.
#4. Our pellet stove: Granted, the heater in my dorm room is very efficient (because I live in a room about the size of a slightly large closet) but I miss sitting in front of the fire, despite the fact that I can't really see it because there is so much soot covering the little window in the door, but still. It's the idea that counts.
#5. Having time to do absolutely nothing: Here at college, although it seems like a student would have lots of time for fun, it's a lie. We do not have lots of time. I have had so little time, that it took me almost two months to read a little 300 page book. And it's the only book I've read. This entire year. It's very sad. And tonight, for example, since I finally have no homework, I spent from 3:30 in the afternoon until about an hour and a half ago, watching movies. I have had hardly any time to watch movies, so I felt deprived. I'm good, now, though.
#6. My bathroom: It stays nice and warm, has a heat light, and water pressure in the shower. Even better, it doesn't have a shower head, so it's just a stream of water coming coming from the hose ('cause it's one of the ones that you can take off the wall and stuffs). Weird, I know, but I like it that way.
#7. Seeing my old friends: Enough said.
#8. Being lazy: Really, do I need to say more?
#9. My turtles: The reason I'm so excited to see my turtles is because, after almost the entire winter of not eating, mostly sleeping, but not hibernating, my two little ninjas are finally eating again. And it's fun to watch them eat.
#10. Free laundry: I'm out of quarters.
So, those are the main reasons I miss being home. Now, once I get home, I'll write you guys a list of the things I miss about college. It's only appropriate, because college is fun, I promise. So, until then:
This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.
Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.
No comments:
Post a Comment