Monday, March 4, 2013

Top 10: College Edition

     Hey, everybody.  Being home is great.  I get to sit and be lazy, watch movies, not worry about homework, and most importantly, I get to stay in my pajamas (not that I didn't do that in college anyway, but  at college, I had to wear pants.  Sometimes, you just don't wanna wear pants.  That's just the way it is.)  So being home is great.  However, there are a few things I miss about college.  Here are my top ten:

#1.  No cat hair: I have a lot of black clothing.  I have a white, long-haired cat who loves to lay on soft, cushion-y things. . . like my duffel bag, for example.  I also have white clothes, and other colored clothing.  I have a black cat who sheds on those clothes, too.  College = no cat hair, which = happy Max.
#2.  No dust: My nose is very sensitive to dust, cat hair, cats in general. . . and there's a lot of dust and cat hair in my house.  Those things are not at college.  Therefore, I sneeze less at college.  To give you a better picture, I can count the number of times I have sneezed in the past 30 days on one hand while at college.  Here, at home, I lost count around 20 or so. . . in a span of probably 10 minutes, or so.  Fun.
#3.  Not having to drive everywhere: The college I attend is in a fairly small town, which means I can walk everywhere to get groceries.  Except when it's cold.  When it's cold, I make other people drive me.  But all my friends live on campus, so it's only a short walk across campus to go see them.  But at home, if I want to go see friends, I can't just walk to where they live; unless I want to walk 15 miles, which I don't.  I'm too lazy.  At home, I must drive, and my Nessie (my Mountaineer) only gets barely 18 miles a gallon.  And gas is expensive.
#4.  Variety in food choices (for the most part): At home, I get TV dinners, burritos, Popsicles, the occasional Hot Pocket, peanut butter, bread, cereal, and milk (although hardly ever at the same time as cereal), and sometimes, I'm even graced with orange juice!  So, my home is getting better stocked for food, but usually it's things you can't combine.  If you want a sandwich, your choice is peanut butter, or mayonnaise and cheese.  That's it.  You gotta get creative sometimes.  At college, there's pizza, burgers, chicken strips, sub sandwiches, pasta, Chinese, Mongolian, Mexican, American! Steak, mashed potatoes, jello, ice cream, cake, pie, everything!!  Although the quality of these food items is sometimes questionable, but hey, they're trying, right?
#5.  Being social: I know what you're thinking--Max, a socialite?!  Well, I can assure you, I am not a socialite.  I never will be.  I enjoy my privacy too much.  However, I do have rare moments where I actually feel like being social.  And I can do that because the people I feel like socializing with all live within less than a half-mile radius of me.  But at home?  Try a 15-mile radius.
#6.  Faster Internet: Do I even have to explain myself on this one?
#7.  All my art stuff is at school: The moments I actually want to do artsy stuff that isn't for homework and I have time to do artsy stuff, my artsy stuff is not available to access.
#8.  A bed: At home, its either the couch, the chair, or the floor, because my room is occupied (thank you, brother) and it's too cold upstairs, anyway.  I sleep on the floor, with the cat hair, and dogs walking across my face.  At least I can roll around on the floor.  And I sleep by the stove, so I'm warm.  But, at college, I have a bed that I actually find comfortable.  And I'm the only one who occupies it.
#9.  I'm closer to Walmart: Pretty self-explanatory.  I mean, come on, it's Walmart.  They have everything.
#10.  Cell-phone service: When I am at college, I always have service.  Except in the elevators.  No service there.  But still.  Here, at home, I have to find little nooks and crannies to set my phone in order for it to get one bar, maybe.  Those places total up to only 5: the shelf above the computer; on the piano; on the DVD shelf, right next to where I'm sitting right now; in my room, on my bed, against my dresser; and outside by the light pole.  The piano one is kinda iffy; sometimes, messages come through on time, sometimes they come through 3 hours later.  Depends on the day.

So, those are the things I miss about college.  Not as strong of a list as for the things I miss about being home, but, still some pretty important things on this list.  Like no cat hair.

Happy Monday, everyone.

This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.  Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.

No comments:

Post a Comment