Monday, September 5, 2011

Concert Madness

     Yesterday, I went to a concert with my sister, her husband, his mom, and my boyfriend.  We saw Skillet and Daughtry, and let me tell you:  Just seeing Skillet was soo worth the forty-two bucks I paid for the ticket.  I love Skillet.

     Yay, John Cooper.  We also got a picture of him with a Husker cap on, which was awesome.  It was so funny, he just kept saying, "I like you people.  I really like you people.  We need to come here more often."  Ain't that the truth?  I would be down with that, definitely.  And let me just say, Skillet is amazing live.  (And yes, I wanted a Skillet tee so bad, I dropped thirty bucks for one after the show was over.)  I really like the fact that they never cuss in any of their songs.  And none of their songs are dirty; I love it.

     Okay, I'm going to stop gushing about Skillet.  Although, one more story about them.  It's short, I promise.  Anyway, John was talking and he goes (not his exact words),"Just so everybody knows, yes, we named our band after a frying pan.  Skillet is the worst name in band history.  Don't Tweet me on that, please."  It was so funny, and when he said the frying pan bit, for some reason, I immediately thought of Tangled, and her frying pan, which made me laugh all the harder, because it was the part where she was swinging it around on her finger, and she smacks herself in the side of the head with it.  Haha.

     Anyway, before Daughtry came on, my sister, Tanner and I had somehow, miraculously, weaved our way almost to the very front, and were standing right in front of this row of folding chairs.  On the other side of the chairs, behind us, (well, behind me) was this, like, six-foot tall chick, who was really loud, and more than likely, drunk.  Anyway, there was nothing going on at the moment, but my sis and I wanted to get a better look at the stage, so we stood up on the chairs to see and take a couple pictures.  Now, remember the tall, loud, obnoxious drunk chick I mentioned earlier?  Well, as soon as I stood up, I hear her go, "Oh, hell no!!"  My sister and I pointedly ignored her and her friend.  We figured "There's nothing happening, we'll get down when the concert starts."  Well, Loud-Mouth Blondie behind me wasn't having it.  First, she only nudged my chair.  I didn't do anything.  Then, she goes and tries to tip my chair all the way over.  Lucky for her, I was in a good mood, so I just used Tanner to hold me and the chair down and ignored her, again.  Finally, she yells at us, "Will you guys get down, please?!" and she said it in a none-too-friendly tone, too.  As soon as she said this, my sister whips around, with a dark look on her face and Hell in her eyes and says, "The concert hasn't started, yet; there's nothing going on, and we'll get down when the concert does start, okay?!"  Immediately, Blondie backs off, saying, "Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."  My sister turns around like nothing happened, and continues taking pictures.  It was hilarious, but we could hear Blondie grouching to her friend behind us, so my sister stepped down, and told me to stay up there a bit longer, and pretend I was taking pictures, just to spite Blondie.  After a few minutes, I got down, too, rolling my eyes when Loud-Mouth goes, "Ugh, finally!"  But then, not a minute later, I turn around, and her and her little friend have their backs turned to the stage, sitting on the backs of the chairs, not even paying attention.  It was like, Really?  All that fuss for nothing?  I almost got back up on the chair, but decided I didn't feel like getting tossed out for a fight, which probably would have ensued if I had.
     In the end, though, it was okay.  My sister loves Daughtry, so Tanner and I got her as close to him as possible.  And by close, I mean six-inches-from-touching-his-hand-while-leaning-over-the-railing-close.  It was a pretty good night. (Although her mother-in-law got even closer; she got to put her arm around him and get a picture with him.  My sister was soo jealous.)

Okay, I need to crash.  Back to school, tomorrow.  Hope you all had a nice Labor Day.  I'll catch you peeps later.

This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.  Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.

No comments:

Post a Comment