Friday, July 22, 2011

Sunscreen and Pony-Ridin'

     It's been awhile since I've posted a normal post, so here's one for you:
     I went to the lake a couple days ago, and I had just gotten over a really bad sunburn (I was to the point where it was peeling).  So, I knew I needed to wear sunscreen, and make sure I get everywhere that I could get burnt.  Well, you see, I'm used to just putting it on the top-sides of my arms, etc. because that's where I get burnt when I mow my lawn.  I sorta forgot that, water reflects sun very nicely, burning you in places you didn't think you could get burnt.  Like the backs of your arms, and legs.  Oh yeah, waterproof sunscreen is a lie.  Mine says it's SPF 50, waterproof, and non-greasy.  Yeah, it's all a lie.  I put it on, the greasy, nasty stuff, went in the water, and I still got burnt.  Oh, and apparently, I didn't quite get it all over my face, because right near my hairline, is about half an inch of sun-burnt skin.  Looks fantastic.  Thank goodness I have bangs to hide it.

     Also, this weekend, we're having a bunch of family come down to go on a trail ride.  In steep hills.  Yay.  Now, I'm a pretty good rider, but I hate hills.  Absolutely loathe hills.  Hills and I have had bad experiences with one another.  Plus, it's going to be really, really hot, and there's no way my dad is going to let me back out of it, mostly because my cousin Kolby is coming, and I never get to see her.  But I guess, that's about the only highlight of the whole trip, 'cause Kolby's awesome.
     I can tell you one thing that's probably going to happen, for sure:  Sun.  Burn.  Yeah, there's no avoiding it.  I just hope it's cloudy, so it won't be so hot out, even though you can still get sunburned.  Trust me, I know from experience that you get a worse burn when it's cloudy.  It sucks.

     Well, I have to go figure out how to connect the lawn sweeper to the mower, and sweep up some dead grass.  Yay me.  Stay cool, everybody.  Today is going to be a hot one.


This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.  Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.

No comments:

Post a Comment