Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quirky Habits

   Anybody got a little quirk, or habit, or something that you do that you just can't explain?  For example, you always put your right shoe on first, or you scrub each of your hands an equal amount of times when you're washing them.  I've got some silly ones that I just noticed today.

  1. I do, in fact, always put my right shoe on first.
  2. I always have to have my chap-stick in my right pocket and my phone in my left.
  3. Positioning of the toilet paper roll is crucial:  When I go to pull off some, it has to roll off the top.  In other words, the roll has to turn clockwise when I pull on it. (I've actually always known this one)
  4. If I'm testing water temperature, even if it's with just one finger, I have to get the other hand wet, too, otherwise I can't dry off the water. (Same with this one)
  5. When looking for forks, I dig through the silverware draw and find the forks we have that have a little diamond at their center that is between the two middle teeth.
  6. My contact for my right eye is always the first one to be put in, and the first one to be taken out.
  7. When I have several different things on my plate to eat, I rotate:  Eat this first, then this, then this, etc., going in a circle around my plate.  BUT, I only do this twice, at the most.
  8. To pop the fingers on my right hand, I bend them backward.  To pop the fingers on my left hand, I push down on them.
  9. At school, for lunch, I do things in this order before I get my food:
    -Grab milk
    -Put milk on little square closest to left hand
    -Grab napkin
    -Fold napkin once and put under milk... All with right hand only
    -Grab fork
    -Grab spoon (even though I hardly ever use it)
    -Grab straw
    -Put all three down in little slot for silverware on tray
  10. When I go to get something of the cart at lunch, I always head for the left side
  11. (We have two fridges: Fridge, and Mom's fridge)
    -I open refrigerator door on Fridge.
    -Go to Mom's Fridge and open refrigerator door.
    -Still at Mom's Fridge, open freezer door.
    -Go back to Fridge and open refrigerator door.
    -Open Fridge's freezer door.
    -Finally, open Fridge's refrigerator door, again, before realizing there is nothing to eat.
  12. I like to slide both my arms into my coat at the same time
   Get the picture?  I had a really silly one that I honestly just realized at school, today, but I can't remember it.

   Well, I'm going to go to bed.  Hobey-ho, mates...
This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.  Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.

No comments:

Post a Comment