For my one hundred and first post, I thought I'd begin with a little goal for myself:
. . . .
I will read one hundred (or more) books this year.
. . . .
This is an idea I stole from my sister. At the moment, we are tied 2-2, although I don't know if I should count reading books I've already read, but whatever.
Second, I should probably mention what mischief I have been up to since our last encounter...yeah, I got nothin'. Ha, no, but seriously, not much has been going on, unless you count the numerous scraps of watercolor paper I have destroyed while attempting to get my desired effect. Which just reminded me that I have two sketchbooks due tomorrow. Crud.
Anyhow, in my independent study that I'm taking in art class, I thought it would be a good idea (if I want to become an art teacher) to practice a little painting. I hate painting, just so you know. But I told myself I was going to try and master at least one type of painting. I chose watercolor, mostly because it's the most difficult for me. After numerous sketches and watercolor mistakes, I have finally begun to work on my project. When I get the chance, I'll post some of my example pieces, or even my final piece, which is due this week, and I just started yesterday. By the way, the canvas I'm working on is 23 inches by 26 inches, or somewhere around there. Yeah, big canvas. But, I should be done by tomorrow, so then I'll take a picture and put it up.
Jumping to a completely different topic, tomorrow--which is the 19th of January, for those of you who have trouble remembering what day it is (or will be)--is Tanner's birthday. He'll be 18, and me and a friend will be dragging him into town to get registered to vote. So, for those of you that know Tanner personally, wish him a happy birthday. But don't bother doing it on Facebook, because he's never on. So, just tell him to his face, okay, thanks.
On a more serious note, I've been extremely restless, lately. I can't sleep to save my life, and my temper wick is less the half an inch long sometimes. I've been wanting to write, but I can't put my finger on what it is I want to write about. Although, I think I might have just found it. Or maybe I am still feeling the affects of the book I just finished reading. Speak is the title, in case you were curious. If you know what that book is about, and have read it, you might have some idea of what I want to write about at this moment, especially if you know me really well; you can glean my reasoning behind picking that topic if you know about my past, if that makes any sense at all. And that's all I'm going to say on the topic. If I do what I say I'm going to do, then you'll be reading an excerpt soon enough. Until then...
This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off. Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.
No comments:
Post a Comment