Thursday, November 24, 2011

Do I Really Need To Spell It Out For You?...

     So, earlier today, I put up a status on Facebook:

If anyone says "Happy Holidays" to me at all, I'm going to punch you in the face.  It's "Merry Christmas."  Say that, and you'll be safe from my fury.


Now, obviously, some people didn't catch my meaning.  Although, I'm not sure how it could be misinterpreted in the first place, but whatever.  I said it because the holiday is called "CHRISTmas" for a reason.  You tell someone "Merry Christmas," not "Happy Holidays."  It's Christ's holiday, all of two that people actually reserve for Him; people can at least acknowledge that.  It's not that difficult to say the former, and yet stores, media, and people can only seem to say the latter.  Now, I know you're probably thinking this isn't a big deal, but to me, it is.  When Hanukkah comes around, you don't hear people of the Jewish faith running around, saying things like "Happy Holidays."  They are proud of their faith.  So why can't we as Christians show a little respect, and be proud of the Christ who was sent to earth as a little baby, and then 33 years later, died so that you, and I, and the rest of the world could be free from sin?  Be proud, and "Merry Christmas."


This is Maximum Sunshine, signing off.  Αντίο και ο Θεός ταχύτητας.


P.S.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  God bless!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Max,
    I don’t think you should be getting so worked up about this. It’s just another saying... And some people celebrate different holidays this time of year and you should respect there religions, it doesn’t mean you have to believe it. It could also mean Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year all in one. I understand how you don’t want to take Christ out of Christmas and I agree but sometimes you can’t help what other people think.
    JMDH23

    ReplyDelete